Friday, May 21, 2010

It's Official!

Seriously, this is it. I have found my favorite album of all time:





















Earlier, I gave a head's-up that the Scottish indie band Frightened Rabbit's latest, The Winter of Mixed Drinks, was rocking my world, and couple months later, I can honestly say that, simply put, this is the best album I have ever heard, and I love every last thing about it. I have probably listened to it 30-40 times all the way through, and it's just ridiculous how it doesn't get old. Sure, the instrumentation and vocals are fairly simple, and it doesn't have the production values of Coldplay, but that is a fair deal of the charm for me. While it is certainly well-done and thoroughly thought out, the album doesn't get in the way of the subject matter, instead driving it to full realization. This is indie music as it should be: Beautiful, heartfelt, and moving. Frightened Rabbit blends lyrics and instrumentation seamlessly to create music that is almost tangible in this near-perfect beast of a record. Applause.

No comments:

Post a Comment