Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I'm Seeing Stars

Have you ever showed up to a party extremely late, where everyone's already having a good time without you? That's how I feel about Montreal indie-pop band Stars. They've been at it for a good 9 years now, since the release of their first EP in 2001. They only reason I've heard about them even now is that a friend just told me to check out one of their tunes the other week, and since then I've been enraptured by two of their albums:


Sad Robots EP


The Five Ghosts

The first is a glorious EP that Stars released in 2008, and the second is a scintillating, gorgeous masterpiece that just dropped on June 22. I really love this band's deep, moving lyrics in conjunction with their groovy leads and hooks. At any rate, here's an outstanding music video:

No comments:

Post a Comment