Tuesday, July 6, 2010

MicroKORG Madness

Like 100,000+ other people, I own a Korg MicroKORG analog modeling synthesizer, one of the best-selling synthesizers of all time. Among its owners are many bands and musical groups, both famous and unknown. I thought I would share my own unofficial list of notable MicroKORG owners and players. The list is comprised of my own personal research, as well as me simply noticing MicroKORGs in concerts, music videos, and pictures. I'm going to keep adding to this list as I learn of more. Feel free to tell me about bands I missed. Here's the list:

-The Album Leaf
-Amadeus
-Anthony Williams
-Argo Navis
-Arsonists Get All the Girls
-Atlas Sound
-Attack Attack!
-Beast
-Bloc Party
-Chrome Hoof
-Chromeo
-Cobra Starship
-Crystal Castles
-Cypress Hill
-Death Cab for Cutie
-Delays
-Devo
-Digitalism
-Duran Duran
-Editors
-Elbow
-Enter Shikari
-Four Year Strong
-Good Old War
-Goose
-Handsome Furs
-Justice
-Jean Michel Jarre
-The Killers
-Kings of Leon
-LCD Soundsystem
-Le Tigre
-LIGHTS
-Long Range Hustle
-Lymbyc Systym
-The Mae Shi
-Mates of State
-Metronomy
-Mohammad Pazhutan
-Mylo
-The Neptunes
-Owl City
-Polysics
-The Prodigy
-Rami Jaffe (Wallfowers, Foo Fighters)
-Röyksopp
-Soulwax
-Stars
-Switchfoot
-Unicorn Kid
-Underoath
-Wintersleep
-Xiu Xiu
-Yeah Yeah Yeahs

3 comments:

  1. Is virtual dj pro 7 compatible with MicroKorg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the program can accept MIDI data and/or audio streams, and if you have a USB audio interface, then, the MicroKORG can interface with anything.

    ReplyDelete